Yep, even your love relationships can be eco-veganized! Posts here cover everything from finding a like-minded partner, dating someone who isn't vegan or eco-conscious, natural birth control and sexual protection options, family planning, etc.
Looking for ways to show your love? Get inspiration from my Pinterest board
This list of Valentine’s tips appeared in my inbox from a site called Queendom.com - these ideas are so sweet and simple I had to share.
· Forget the dozen roses. Buy one, wrapped with a ribbon. (I add: **make sure it is organic, locally grown and fair-trade!**)
· Show up at your partner's workplace and whisk him or her away for (a healthy) lunch.
· Place a love note in your partner’s lunch bag or on the bathroom mirror.
· Grab a blanket, a bottle of wine, and drive out to a place where you can see the stars. (better yet, bike, walk or take public transportation!)
· Slow dance in your living room. (or get silly and dance to a fun, old school song!)
· Meet at a local hang-out and pretend you’re two strangers flirting with each other.
· Build a little bonfire in your backyard and make chocolate (vegan) Smores.
· Get tango or salsa lessons together.
And remember, V-Day doesn't have to be about being in a relationship - celebrate it with your friends, family, animal companions and/or yourself! I explored the importance of this (and following your heart) in this video with Charles from RawYouth.org:
I wasn't planning on writing about V-Day this year because there's already so much coverage on other sites/I haven't had time, but decided to do a quick video summarizing my thoughts and tips. Additionally, I asked the Eco-Vegan Gal community for their advice and got some great responses, so here are some resources for you:
Do you happen to know a good vegan bakery in the SF bay area that would be willing to do a vegan wedding cake? A girlfriend of mine is getting married and is having trouble finding a reputable bakery. It doesn’t have to be a vegan-only bakery, just one that’s willing to do a vegan cake.
Two of the keys to being eco-vegan are:
- cutting out waste
If you get excited about having safe sex, prepare to be tantalized. There are new condoms on the market and they're pretty damn sexy. It's time to ditch the Trojan man and meet your knight in shinning armor. Let me introduce you to Sir Richard's, who claim they make the world's finest condoms; and I have to agree. I recommend you skip to the bottom to watch me talk about why I love
sex these condoms instead of reading this relatively boring post - but it's your prerogative. ; )